Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Project Time

I love Fall. Love the colors and the smells. I love the temperatures!!  It's time for a new project.  A while back I bought a few kits from Connecting Threads and tucked them away.  This one is calling my name.  I am not going to show you the design so you will have to wait to see the finished product. It's labeled as a table topper but could also double as a wall hanging. Finished size will be 32" x 32".  As you know, I don't need a purpose to sew. No clue where it will end up but so far I am loving making it. Check it out.


Here are the fabrics 


The first instruction is to "Fussy" cut the design

This means you have to center the design. Not as easy as you might think.  

Next sew on lots of triangles 

Love the way this is turning out but it's small to work with. The center square is 2 1/2"

More triangles sewn together and cut and sewn back together to make more 2 1/2" squares


The directions are very precise. Thankfully.
They are USA made so easy to understand!
Next I have to trim these raw squares down to the neat 2 1/2 in square but making sure the center stays in the center....Tricky 

Before

After

Looking forward to more sewing this weekend. I will keep the photos coming ......


1 comment: