Sunday, May 28, 2017

On Edge - This could be my biography!

I had my first panic attack in September 1995.  At the time I didn't know that was what it was.  I had dropped my son off for his second day of kindergarten and he was sobbing.  I got to my car and broke down too.  Then I couldn't breathe.  My heart was racing and I started to sweat.  My first thought was heart attack.  I was 33 years old.  My dad had one and died at 42 years of age.  It wasn't until a few years later when it happened again.  My next door neighbor dropped over dead.  No warning.  I sought out medical help and my Dr at the time was not helpful.  I switched doctors and found one who helped me with the right therapy and medication.  

On Edge is Andrea Petersen's story.  Though her story is different, people with anxiety all experience much of the same.  From misdiagnosis to medications to groups to yoga, this book covers it all!  

A must read for anyone living with anxiety or anyone with a loved one who has anxiety.

I was given this book in exchange for a fair and honest review by blogging for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment